Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Housewarming!

Sorry for the delay in this post, folks! Yesterday was dedicated to nothing more than eating leftover snacks and watching touching football related movies on TV. Oh, and DBF spent the day trying not to wear pants. (He succeeded until later in the evening when he needed to get something from his car.)

The party actually turned out quite fun! We were starting to worry a little that no one was coming because all but a couple of people were like 2 HOURS late!! We said anytime after 7:00....expecting that people would roll in between 7:30 - 8:00. A few people came by about 8:30, but the remainder of the group strolled in at like 9:30!! Turns out a bunch of them decided to come together....so when the one group was late, they brought the other group down with them.

Oh well, such is life...and in the end it was all a blast anyway!

We had too much food. I made my fabulous guacamole, a lobster/cream cheese dip (with real lobster!), and this chocolate/Skor/cream cheese ball thingy with chocolate cookies. Plus 4 kinds of meats, 5 kinds of cheese, crackers, pickles, olives.... I never even got to making the egg rolls, spanakopita, or mozza sticks we had in the freezer. Ha, and never opened the chips or pretzels. The girls brought more food too.....

We got a few fabulous gifties too! Another beautiful plant (yaaaieee), a tall hurricane-style candle holder (perfect for our dining table I think!), a Home Depot GC, and at least 3 bottles of wine. Score! hehehehehe :)

With all the guitar playing and singing going on (turns out our neighbor is a guitar/bass player so DBF was pretty stoked to find that out), the evening lasted until almost 4am! I guess that's what happens when the party doesn't start until 10pm. After the last few people left, DBF and Marky decided that they needed to hear the opening scene from Empire Strikes Back blasted on our new TV & sound system. Thankfully only 5 minutes of that!!

All in all it was a great evening. I got to meet some of DBF's co-workers, plus a couple of buddies I've heard about but never met. DBF had a great time playing guitar and working on his new songs with our friend Colleen. We need to recruit more girls for next time though....it wasn't quite the sausage party we had predicted, but it was close!!



7 comments:

Shirls said...

it looks like so much fun! you look fab girl and the house looks great! the comment about all day with no pants, cracked me up, I have a hubby that would take up that challenge ;0)

ElleBee said...

Looks like a good time! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Eastern Canada...where the parties pretty much always start late and end late!! F.U.N!

Vanessa said...

Looks like a great time! I can't wait to have a housewarming party in my new house next month :D.

I would like to spend an entire day without wearing pants.

Mikey said...

Can I trade you an inguana for a lobster? The only catch is I can eat the lobster but you can't eat the iguana.

marie said...

I seriously covet your furniture.

Lock your doors.

Mrs Furious said...

Your place looks great!