Saturday, February 16, 2008

Just when I thought I'd found it...

Poor Mr. Mojo has been pretty bored lately. No big open field at the end of our street anymore, so the daily exercise routine has been shot all to heck. Not to mention that it hasn't exactly been warm enough to last more than about 10 minutes outside before my nose starts to feel like it might fall off. Needless to say, Mojo and I were in desperate need of some quality outdoor time.

This morning I saw a note in the paper stating that HRM has recently made a bunch of sports fields available as off-leash areas for dogs to run. It listed a website, so I thought this was great...since so far I've only figured out where one trail-system with off-leash rules is. Since the sun is shining today, I found the website, figured out which field was closest to us, and set out with Mojo in the car to find the place.

It's a sad, sad, sad patch of field at the end of a sad, bumpy road. Not exactly what I was hoping for. But Mojo was pretty stoked, so I let him run around for about 10 minutes....but he was getting too curious about what lay on the far side of the field and since it looked like a dangerous ravine and a road that led who-knows-where, I decided it was time to load him back into the car.

Too bad. We'll have to keep looking.

But at least the sun was shining and it gave me the fresh air I so desperately needed...and the motivation to come home and get all of my weekly chores done. :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, that is really too bad!!!! I can't believe they don't have better resources around there!!! We have NOTHING like that here...well we have an off leash park next to a BUSY street...not a place to take a hyperactive dog!!!

Good luck finding something else! (But YAY that it gave you motivation, right?)

Jaime said...

Oh I'm sure the resources are better than they seem. I just don't know where anything is, so it's a hunt. I'll figure it out!

Mikey said...

Try asking at a pet store or vet