Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday

So after almost a whole week of grass and sunshine, it snowed last night. And not just a bit, but like 6 inches. So much for heading out to explore dog parks today. Booooooo!

At least I had already planned on cabbing it into town tonight, so I don't feel the need to go out and shovel my driveway yet AGAIN. I will go out and clean off the porch and steps so I don't fall on my face, but that's it!

Tonight I'm off to see Blue Rodeo at the Metro Centre with our friend Cosette and a few of her girlfriends. Yaaiieeee for girls night out!!! Finally something to save me from going stir crazy here at the house. We are meeting up for an early dinner and pre-drinks, then heading to the show. Blue Rodeo probably wouldn't be my usual choice for a concert, but it makes for a good night out and I am sooooo looking forward to it. As long as I hear Try and Bulletproof I'll be happy. Afterwards we have plans for more drinkies and maybe some dancing.

A few of the girls got a hotel in town, but I decided just to cab it home so that I don't have to worry about the dog. Our friend Mark (Cosette's hubby) would take him overnight, but poor Mojo is still a bit sketchy when we leave him too long so I think it's too soon for an overnighter. Maybe next time.

Now, off to decide what to wear tonight. Has to be something nice, but warm....don't wanna freeze at the concert, but don't wanna be bundled to the ears for drinks and dancing afterwards either.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Angela Power said...

Oh I'm jealous! They were so great the last time I saw them. A friend had an extra ticket tonight too, but I already had plans and it was last minute and I'm a little disappointed I couldn't go - it was in the box and everything :-(

I hope you enjoyed your night out with the gals!

Steph said...

I'm a homesick Haligonian who stumbled across your blog and it's funny to hear the stories of someone who has just moved to the city!! Thanks for the smiles :o)

eurydice said...

ah... fun times!