
Premise is that the main dude, Sam, has just turned 21 and found out that his folks sold his soul to the devil. Now he has to work for Satan....as a bounty hunter. He has to go around recapturing bad guys that have escaped the depths of hell. And the best part is that his tool for collecting these guys is a Dirt Devil hand vac!
It's a bit goofy in the humour department (ie: cheesy sidekick buddy), but they kept it down to earth the best they could for the type of show it is. There's the cute girl he has a secret crush on, the crappy job at a major box store, the love of his parents....you know, all that stuff that keeps people interested in the storyline.
I read somewhere that the show would have a Buffy-esque feel to it. Although I didn't find that with the actual content or dialogue, I could see where that idea came from. Like, an evil demon blew the hell out of a house and left a big gapping hole in the earth and it just seemed like regular News at 11. Sort of like when weird stuff happened in Buffy, it never seemed to phase the general public.
Not sure this will be a weekly watch for me, but I'll definitely check it out again if I happen to be watching TV on a Tuesday night.
1 comment:
this was good, I'm going to keep watching it..
Post a Comment