Tuesday, September 25, 2007

TV Review - Chuck

So I noticed this on the guide for tonight and thought I should give it a chance. I even told DBF to give it a go if he had nothing else to watch. (Note: he's 4 hours ahead of me). He emailed me after the show to let me know that after 20 minutes it hadn't captured his interest so he turned it off. I laughed at him because I thought 20 minutes wasn't long enough.

Interesting.... 20 mins after I started watching it my phone rang. And I didn't care if I missed the show. I guess 20 minutes was all that was needed to know this just isn't my kind of show.

Cute premise. Computer geek turns secret agent. I'm sure it will be popular, but for me it was a bit of an odd script, with odd characters, and an odd storyline. Not that I don't like odd...I guess this was just the wrong kind of odd for me (and DBF apparently). It might that it's that OC guy that created this... I don't seem to like his stuff much.

Of course, had I actually seen the entire show I might have understood why the blonde chick was flicking hair sticks at bad guys and pulling throwing knives out of her boot while dancing with Chuck. That seemed a little out there.... but I was just watching it happen while I chatted on the phone so I suppose it probably fit into the story just fine. :)

1 comment:

Mikey said...

hehe, we started to watch this too but got bored & turned it off..