Tuesday, September 25, 2007

TV Review - Journeyman

This one wasn't even on my radar. But after the premiere of Heroes (which is a whole nother blog for some other time!) I didn't feel like getting off the couch so I checked the guide and decided to give Journeyman a try. It was either that or The Bachelor....ewwwwwwwww....where do they find these sad people every friggin season?!


So glad I chose Journeyman.


First, Kevin McKidd from Rome. Hello. Excellent! Second, who didn't love this concept the first time around on Quantum Leap?! Randomly travelling through time to assist in making sure someone's future happens. Nice.

I was happy to find that the concept came with a decent storyline, good characters, and an interesting hook (the dead ex-fiance.....). I was entertained for the whole episode and found myself smiling at the ending because I liked how he thought to prove the situation to his wife. So I'm already involved in the storyline, making friends with the characters, and looking forward to how this will play out in future weeks. How will he continue to explain his disappearances without seeming like a crazy person. Sure, his wife might believe him now, but what about all the other friends, family and coworkers? They all want to send him to rehab already...and he's only disappeared for a few days so far....

The leaps in time back to the 80s and 90s in this premiere episode also came with a cool soundtrack (a la Cold Case) which is always a good way to help keep their target audience (ie: people my age!) interested. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

darn!! I didn't want to miss that one!!!

I had to DVR Heroes and Danny kept commenting on how good that show looked so we were like "ok, we'll just continue watching after heroes" only yeah...we forgot it was recorded...boo!! perheps we will have to "acquire" it another way...

Mikey said...

I recorded this too (but haven't watched it yet).. I wanted to blog about how it was a Quantum Leap ripoff but you beat me too it!
;(