Ever since reading a review in TV Weekly I've been waiting for this show. It's dirty. It's sexy. It's money. I mean, damn, the name says it all. Oh, and it's Peter Krause from Six Feet Under (which we all know by now is one of my all time fave shows)! Plus come on...Donald Sutherland too!!I loved it!! Sure, it had a lot going on for a one hour show, but it's got a fairly big cast to introduce. Once everyone is established I'm sure it won't be quite so go, go, go. You have to learn about Krause's character, Nick, and the whole backstory about his Dad and their relationships with the Darling family....plus you have to get the skinny on each member of the dirty, sexy family. There's parents and like 5 kids!

I was thrilled to see that Krause has chosen another character that lets him really get into the part with anger, franticism and sarcasm. Nothing will ever top the writing for Nate on SFU but at least he's still really able to show his talents here. I think that the dynamic between him and Donald Sutherland will be one of the greatest parts of the show - love/hate is always good to watch.
Not sure if I totally love all of the kids in the family as of yet. Some of them seemed pretty over the top, but I guess that is the soap opera part of the show. At least they are all different so each one of them can appeal to a different kind of viewer. I think I'm loving that William Baldwin is playing the in-the-closet politician....hopefully they don't milk that cow of a storyline until it moos. The younger son is a total trainwreck...but an entertaining trainwreck. Father Brian annoyed me from the moment he stepped on screen. The sister with the rabid crush on Nick needs to take two steps back. And the youngest girl might be just a bit too much of a drama-queen even for this show. But I'll give them all the chance to win me over. Sometimes having someone to hate makes the show more interesting anyway!
I am looking forward to really getting into this show. Nothing has peeked my interest this much since the first season of Desparate Housewives so it's about time! (of course, I completely lost interest in DH by the time season two rolled around so hopefully that doesn't happen again!)
2 comments:
I need to download this show now too!!! I already have two Thursday night shows so I find it hard to fit it in (unless I am stupid and didn't realize this one is on Wednesdays...highly possible!!)
I agree, I liked Dh in the beginning, now I couldn't be bothered! I will try this one out!
My girlfriend gets US tv and she taped season one of Starter Wife for me with Debra Messing... i love it and am totally addicted to it and just have to hope for more tapes to come my way! I should send you this one... it is fabulous! (like you need more shows to watch right!lol)
Post a Comment