He got up early and took a cab into work so he didn't have to worry about parking and such. I rolled over and couldn't get back to sleep of course, but then fell asleep and didn't wake up until about an hour after I should have started work. Ooops! By the time I walked the dog and got myself together it was two hours late! I stayed on West Coast time for my first day...stupid jetlag!
The big thing for the day was the lovely giftie from my Mom. The front desk called up around 5:00 to say they had a delivery for me. When the knock on the door came, it was a giant leafy green plant!! Yaaieeeee! I had to give up almost all of my plants, and most especially my two really big plants and I was quite disappointed. This one is actually nicer than either of mine were, so I hope I can keep it that way!!
DBF got home very late from work. Normally he is off by 3:30 or so, but because the ship was sailing the next day that had a lot to load, etc so no one could leave until they were all done. He got a ride home from the Navigator but even then it was after 6:00 when he got here. I was still working though, so we finally got out for dinner at around 7:30.
After that we just made a pitstop at Wal-mart so he could get some new comfy socks for work, then another stop at Starbucks so I could get good coffee for the hotel room. (I took a moment to drool over the SUPER CUTE Valentine's mug I want!).
2 comments:
eww! Mallfart?!
Aw!! How sweet of your mom!!!
What mug are you drooling over??? I saw so many cute ones I like but I had to tear myself away!!!
Post a Comment