First rule: Get up early and check weather situation
My car has an issue with it's turbo. The problem arose before we left BC, but I didn't have the time to get it dealt with before I had to ship it out here. It's still drivable, but annoying....so I made an appointment to take it into the dealership here today.
I was pleased that they open early enough that I could just follow DBF on his way to work, so when we dropped off my car I could have his car for the day.
Except....that when we got up this morning there was a bunch of snow on the ground. Which, sadly, I'm not comfortable driving in yet. (don't make fun...I'm from the island where snow rarely happens...)
No big deal normally, except we waited too long for him to be able to drive himself to work and get parking. Ugh. Sorry honey. (FYI: the parking issue is a joke....I'll remember that for a future blog.) Conveniently, one of our neighbors is also Navy and happened to be leaving for work while we were standing outside discussing this, so DBF went over and introduced himself and got a ride. How nice of my honey was that??! I would've paid for his cab because I felt like a sissy ass that wouldn't drive.
Next time, I'll get up half an hour early to check the weather. Lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sissy ass, now there's a picture!!
I don't blame you at all, but if you're going to survive there, I think you might have to drive in the snow on occasion sweetie.
Too bad about the car but good Arron got a ride... that's one way to get to know your neighbours. ;o))
It wasn't so much the driving in snow, as it was having to drive his car. He has enough trouble himself with it in crappy whether and it makes me extra nervous to do it myself.
I think tomorrow is going to be simiar to today and then getting +11. See how the temperature drastically changes within a day? It's crazy. If you're not used to driving in the snow, I can see why you'd be nervous, especially in a new area you're not familiar with. At least people slow down a bit when the weather's bad, other than those few arseholes on the road.
OOh, I hope you get your car fixed...I hear you though...it is tough driving unfamiliar territory with crappy weather in an unfamiliar vehicle...we had that same situation in Ottawa (their snow was just WAY different than the snowfalls we get here) and their traffic was worse...
Anyway, I am glad to hear he got to work ok!!! And bonus on making a friend!
hey! I'm a BC girl and I wouldn't say I was sissy about winter driving, but I wasn't on the coast, where its sunshine (rain) and lollipops either ;0) LOL
right this moment its -46 with blowing snow here, yikes! its important to check the weather to know how many layers are required, its a must!
Checking the weather is definitely a must. Glad he found a ride! :)
Ohhhh snow. Imagine being in Newfoundland with 80+cm's on your front lawn...then freezing rain on top of it. Certainly makes for a pretty picture but impassable driving conditions. I would like to say "thanks" to the jerk who decided to make our traffic commute to work unbearable....he was like a maniac on black ice!
Don't feel bad. I've lived in the Maritimes for my entire life and I still don't like driving in snow.
Post a Comment