We is homeowners!!! :)
There was a bit of confusion with the mortgage company about some DND funds that held up the release of our house for about two hours yesterday, which was mildly annoying because we were DYING to get in, but it led to us finding out that DND pays the CMHC portion of our loan so the two hours were totally worth it.
We had already stopped at Home Depot to pick up our paint and supplies, so as soon as we got the go-ahead from the lawyers office we went straight over and got to work.
First, I have to say that DBF is a painting MACHINE! He basically did most of the painting by himself. (I have a few pics I'll post later...) I learned that I'm a sucky painter. I have sissy little wrists and hands and it was hurting me to hold and push the roller for any length of time. Of course, I am a whiz with the tape and edging now though (there is a lot of trim in that house! and some interesting curves through a couple of doorways)!
We painted the living room and the master bedroom. Both are shades of earthy greens, and both turned out almost exactly as we had hoped. WooT!
Today the movers are bringing our stuff finally! DBF already loaded his stuff out from the hotel in his car, and I'm on my way after I finish typing this. The movers should be at the house right now.... I hope!!
Tonight we shall sleep in our own bed in our own house!!!
Tomorrow the furniture and the TV are delivered. Friday the cable/internet/phone will be connected. Oh, how I can't wait to live like a normal person again!! Talk to you all when we get connected again.... have a great couple of days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WOW!!!!I can't believe it's all coming together so quickly!!!
Good luck with all the move in and connections!!!
oh wow, so freacking exciting!! I can't wait to see the pictures, painted and moved, you are the Bionics!
Painting a room can really make it your own can't it?! I'm so excited for you to be finally moving in!
congrats. YAY.
wow - congrats! you are really taking care of business with the painting... which I need to do...
yay awesomeness! can't wait to see pics!! ;)
Post a Comment