Friday, January 4, 2008

Sniffling, Snuffling Girl

I'm going to be dehydrated by the time I get to Halifax with all the tears that have already been shed.

Last night I had a lovely dinner at a local Vietnamese restaurant with a group of friends. My girlfriend and I have been talking about going for Pho forever so we finally had to get it done. Again, I am just in awe of how amazing my friends are. I just feel so loved and know they will truly miss me as much as I'll miss them. It's funny how you just don't really realize it until something like a huge move comes up.

Hugging Mike, Ang, Charmaine, Ingmarie and Alex last night, knowing it was the last time for a long time, was really tough. I'LL MISS YOU GUYS!!

Ingmarie & I

Me & Charmaine

Me & Mikey

Tonight I had coffee with my bestest friend, the other Jamie, and we did really good until I had to drop her off. Neither of us is usually too mushy, and we tried not to talk about it...but in the end my eyes still got glassy and it was pretty hard to just say goodbye. I LOVE YOU MAN!

Tomorrow Nicole and Tiffaney are both taking me to the airport and I'm hoping that it won't be a scene, but airports are notorious for emotional goodbyes and lord knows I won't need any help in the emotion department. I'm hoping the three of us can just have a drink and make it through with no tears. THANKS FOR BEING THERE FOR ME YOU TWO!!

I had originally suggested that my Mom come down and take me to the airport because I had to leave her place last weekend. I had thought it would be a chance for us to see each other again and a fun mother-daughter goodbye. She decided she would do it...but I ended up asking her not to. After all of the near crying jags I've already had this week, I just know that having her at the airport would turn into a major blubbering mess...making it hard to get onto the flight without a mental breakdown. We already had our personal goodbye and I think it's best for both of us to leave it like that. MOM, I'LL MISS YOU AND I LOVE YOU!! I'll visit soon I promise!

I mean, seriously, I cried the other night when I picked Jen up FROM the airport. I wasn't even going anywhere. I was just standing there waiting for her, and all of a sudden my eyes teared up. It is just the stupid airport!!!

So there it is folks, tomorrow I leave the West Coast. The only place I've ever called home.

Halifax...you'd better live up to expectation!!!! Honey, can't wait to see you on Saturday!!

7 comments:

Lady J said...

I LOVE YOU TOO SWEETHEART and you KNOW I'll be missing you like crazy. Thank God for long distance and email. Just imagine how much worse it would be if I'd never stepped into the electronic generation.

Mom xoxoxo

Vanessa said...

If only we could pack up our friends and family and take them wherever we go, hey?

Best of luck today!

Mikey said...

who's that handsome guy in the picture with you? *grin*
poor Stoopy!

eurydice said...

pretty big change!

Anonymous said...

Haha...we did get mushy, didn't we! I hope you have a happy reunion with Arron and Mojo! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

BTW...I'm getting mushy again just reading your blog!!!

Cat said...

Just reading through some entries here and I got teary reading this post! I'm a born and raised west coast girl too, so I know how attached one can get to her home province....especially one as wicked awesome as ours!!

You're very brave....