Wednesday, January 30, 2008

0 degrees!

Who knew I'd get excited when it WARMED UP to zero degrees?!

Finally, I was able to bundle up and get out for a walk with the dog. Poor guy has seemed pretty bored since we got to the house. First I was too busy to get out, then the weather went to ass. Our old routine of the daily walks around the old property are long gone....

I HAD to get out there today. I'm going stir crazy keeping myself tucked away in the house. That's one of the hazards to working at home....I don't HAVE to go out each day so sometimes I get into a rut and find myself hermitting inside.

I've caught myself getting into a funk this week... especially after Monday when I realized how I really need to get over my lack of Winter driving experience. I have enough other stuff to make me feel blue...being away from home, family and friends... I don't need to subject myself to lack of fresh air and sunlight too!

So, with dog on leash and two hoods to keep my ears warm, off we went. I had no idea how warm it would be out there, so assumed that by the time I walked the block to the mailbox I'd probably be ready to turn around and come back. But I was pleasantly surprised! Not freezing out at all! So we kept on going down the path to the other side of the subdivision and took a route that brought us back up the other end of our street. 20+ minutes. Nice!

Mojo was pretty happy to be out there, but he looked pooped and cold so I think 20 minutes is our limit in snowy weather. He'd be even happier (and so would my arm!) if we could find somewhere to let him off leash to run for a bit. We'll work on that.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Boo, I hate you JUST a little for having 0 degrees while we are sitting around -40!!!

That's good that you got out with Mojo yesterday!!! Poor Charlie hasn't had a decent walk in a while too...and it's so friggin cold he doesn't want to be outside either!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna add you to my Daily Reads! I just forget what your first name is :0(

Jaime said...

Jen, that's because I never say my first name!! ;)

Vanessa said...

She intends to remain a mystery woman to us bloggers ;)

Sounds like you had a good walk! I can't wait to move so I can walk our friend's dog. One more month!

Jaime said...

It's not really a secret. I just started out anonymous and tend to keep it that way. :)

Angela Power said...

Isn't the drastic change in weather crazy here? I've never gotten used to it, but I actually like it because it's not a drab winter that's for sure.

eurydice said...

happy to hear you are getting settled!