Saturday, March 1, 2008

Again with the storms!

And just because I always have to post and bitch about the crappy weather, here I am!

Yup, that's right. The Haligonians lied to me. The snow did not end in February. That's right people...today is March 1st if you hadn't noticed...and yes there is white stuff on the ground. Mhmmmmm. Almost a half a foot of it actually.

Fortunately it did stop snowing. Unfortunately now it's windier than shit and raining sideways. Rattling the bedroom window again so I'm guessing sleep is going to be another night of wondering if the roof is going to blow off. Boooooooo! Hopefully it will rain enough to wash away the snow though, so I don't have to shovel it tomorrow.

Sadly, because I knew the storm was starting and I'm still leary of having my car out in the snow/ice I didn't stay at the gym after my first introductory sessions. I would have liked to have put in a small workout with the details I learned today, but well, I sissied out because of the stupid weather. They were excellent introductions to the cardio equipment and circuit area so I am excited to put my knowledge into action before I forget what I'm doing. Hopefully tomorrow the roads are clear and I'm not totally plowed into my driveway.

Edit: not 5 minutes after I posted this, I got a note on Facebook from a friend telling me he just posted pictures of the cherry trees at home. Ya, that's right, Spring is springing there and I'm stuck with Maritime stormy slop.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

muahahah!\
*grin*

Natalie said...

I have never hated the weather so much in my life. I know your pain! This is easily the longest winter I can remember. Mother Nature hates most Canadians I think.