Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yet another reason I hate the weather here!

Yes, I just posted this on my other blog....but for those of you that don't read that I thought I'd post it here too. You can tell I'm pissed right off because I want to make sure everyone knows about the bigass icefest we had here yesterday.

Sooooo.....yesterday I was all excited to go to the gym. I planned my work day carefully so I could leave early enough to get to the gym before the after work rush. I got all cleaned up, dressed into my workout gear, tied up my shoes....and proceded out to my car. Except I never made it to my car, because I slipped about half-way down our front porch stairs on the ice and landed on the cement at the botttom. Ask me how impressed I was about that...I dare you!

Let's just say that I have a MASSIVE lump on the back of my leg and it hurts like hell. Not fun. So obviously no gym. Booooooo!

In true Halifax form though, the weather has taken a 180 degree turn and the sun is out today so I will try again to get out there...

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

OUCH!

Good luck getting out there today. Take it easy on your poor, sore self!

ElleBee said...

Yup, yesturday was so dreary and today feels like Spring. *rolls eyes*

Sometimes I hate NS weather.

Angela Power said...

Gawd, I hope your OK! I totally feel that girl. I took itty bitty baby steps yesterday big time. I never made it to the gym either and it was because the roads were bad and it was foggy on top of it...no way in hell I was driving home in the dark!

Lady J said...

I hope you're okay, you're probably stiff today so going to the gym might help. You'll get the hang of the weather if you live there long enough!! ;o)) Sorry, just had to throw that in.

xoxo