In other news, the bruise on my thigh is now a gorgeous shade of purple, with some black and yellow accents. It's about 4 inches around and showing no signs of disappearing anytime soon. It doesn't hurt just to sit on it anymore, but running or bumping it into things still makes me wince a little. I know it's healing because it's ugly and it itches. Of course, scratching it only makes it hurt. Note to self: try not to fall down the stairs during the next ice storm. Ouch!
The weather has been cooperating most of this week. There was a small smattering of snow overnight on Sunday but nothing exciting...and apparently we are supposed to get the same thing tonight. Just enough to make it so we have to brush the car off in the morning, but not enough to cover the roads or anything. Yesterday was sunny and gorgeous, but still -5. Good day for walking poor Mojo, who seems to be going a little stir crazy in the house...but he's adjusting.
DBF is back to his normal schedule at work and it looks like he won't be sailing again until May. This is possibly the longest he has been on dry land in the entire time we've been together. Any bets on how long before we kill each other? haha. kidding. sorta. :) Of course, we likely won't see each other at all in May, because his sailing seems to fit exactly around the week I'm going home. Murphy's Law I tell ya. (but at least we won't need a dogsitter...)
This weekend, DBF is on duty on Sunday so I am going to take the opportunity to shop for new gym shoes and maybe a sports bra. I think I'll find a new book at the library (now that I have a few ideas) and maybe take over one of the comfy chairs at Starbucks. One of the girls suggested brunch on Sunday too, so I'll be all over that if her plans don't change.
Oh, this past weekend we went for dinner and drinks with some friends. I was excited to try out the Old Triangle Pub because I figured it was my best bet in town for Strongbow Cider on tap, but alas they didn't have it....only in a can. Booooooo! Does anywhere in this town have my favorite bevvie on tap? Their fish n chips was yummy, but their tarter sauce and coleslaw left something to be desired. DBF said their steak was really good though, he was surprised. Afterwards, we went to the Lower Deck to check out a local band. Had we known it was a cover band, we probably wouldn't have gone. It gets really crowded and uncomfortable in there...which is fine if the music is good, but it wasn't so it made me crabby. We tried going up to the Middle Deck, but that's a DJ with canned dance music and still really not our style. So we headed off to the Economy Shoe Shop, our old standby, and had a nice end to our evening.
Apparently the Deck takes pictures to post on their website regularly. I didn't want to pose, but everyone else did, so we did. DBF said he doubted they would post it, but low and behold looky what I found online today!
Sunday, we met some other friends for breakfast at a great Greek greasy spoon (yaaaieee for the $5 breakfast!) and then hit up the Home Show for a couple of hours. Not that we need anything for our new house at the moment, but it was a fun way to kill a couple of hours for cheap. :)
OK, there. You are now pretty much caught up in the life of Bionic. I'll try to be more interesting this week. :)
2 comments:
I was working the homeshow all weekend. One of those uber stylish workers in too large slate grey sweaters...lol :P
Yaiii, she's back!! I've missed you and your daily updates sweetie... ;o))
Post a Comment