I decided to head downtown to a different, bigger Starbucks on Spring Garden Road and read my book for a while. It was crazy busy, but I managed to secure one of the big, comfy chairs so I was pretty content with that. Unfortunately there was a couple of super loud chatty Kathies beside me that were actually really distracting. They seemed pretty excited to see each other, but for over an hour they were regailing the whole cafe with stories of their trip to Europe. Slightly annoying after a while.
So, I decided to grab another coffee and get out of there....and while standing at the counter I picked up an Easter giftie for myself.
I do already have a travel mug that DBF gave me last Christmas, but it hasn't shown itself since the move. And now that I'm stopping for coffee after the gym a few mornings a week I wanted a mug to carry with me so I'm not always using more paper cups. (ya, and it's like the perfect shade of pink so it wasn't that hard to talk myself into it!)
I then decided to go for a walk up the street and see if The Running Room happened to be open...and it was! Finally, a place to find some new gym shoes that might actually fit properly. It is so nice to find salespeople that actually know their product, rather than just sell the product. Conveniently it wasn't busy (probably because most people would assume they would be closed) so the incredibly helpful sales guy spent about 20 minutes with me picking out different styles to try on. He watched me walk to check the pronation of my stride (which is pretty normal, but due to my narrow heels he recommended and mid-range stabilizing shoe). I tried on about a half dozen different shoes, in different brands and such....but chose the first pair he had picked out. A couple of the pairs were comfy, but the Asics were the only ones with the heel support I liked. They are made with that memory foam stuff so they mold to fit my heel and just really felt like they fit me. I hope they are as comfy for running at the gym as they were for walking around the store. I guess I'll find out this afternoon!
I spent more on the shoes than I had planned, but isn't that always the way? I plan to continue on this running/gym path though, so I think it's money well spent.
After leaving the store, I was stoked to head to the gym and try them out....but ooops, I had the holiday hours wrong in my head and I got there too late. Booooo! So instead, I came home and took Mojo for a much needed walk around the neighborhood. It was windy as hell, but the sun was up so we had a good time.
4 comments:
OOOH!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the mug!!!!
At first, from the pic, it looked like you put flowers in it...and I thought "why?" but then I looked closer!!!
I need to get myself a really good pair of shoes for working out...my current ones are walking shoes I think (I used to just buy whatever was cheapest...)
I have to go there next time I need a pair of sneakers. The fitter I get the more I realize how important proper workout gear is.
It makes a huge difference to get shoes from someone who knows what they are talking about.
My best purchase ever was the walking shoes I bought last year. Once I had decent shoes for walking the dog outside, my knees never bothered me and my feet never fell asleep.
Hopefully these new runners will be just as good!
Cute mug! Love it!
Nice shoes :). I may just have to splurge and go there when I buy new runners this week.
Post a Comment