Eli Stone is one of the best new shows I have seen in a long time. During the fall season I thought that I would fall in love with Bionicwoman or Pushing Daisies, but after a couple of episodes I lost interest in both of them. I tried to get into Dirty Sexy Money, but again, after I missed an episode I didn't care if I saw it again. Too bad really.
But Eli Stone has caught my attention. I saw the first episode purely by accident while flipping through the TV channel guide one night. I caught it again the following week, then decided to add it to my list of DVR shows and haven't missed an episode since.
I love that it's Jonny Lee Miller, as I always loved the movie Hackers as a teenager...and he's still just as odd (in a good way!) as he was then. They've rounded out the cast with strong names such as Victor Garbo and Natasha Henstridge, so hopefully this will help to give the show enough strength to stay around for a while.
The premise of the show, having Eli occassionally sing and dance around, or having momentary Broadway-type scenarios could have come off as cheesy or ridiculous (a la CopRock), but instead the show has maintained it's credibility with well written dramatic storylines and backplot and the music just adds to the quirky nature of the show's humor.
If you haven't seen it, you should. This is a good show!
1 comment:
I made my blog private so please send me your email address so I can add it to the list of acceptable viewers. Thanks! lynnheatley@gmail.com :)
Post a Comment