Well, I made out OK, but not quite as well as I had hoped. Some stuff just takes toooooo long!
It took forever to load all of the empties into the car, and triple forever to sort them at the depot. I really have to make sure we don't pile them up for 7 months at a time in the future. I did make $24 though!!
The cleaning of my car didn't happen. Mainly because it was raining all day and by the time it let up I just didn't have the time or the inclination anymore. I'll try again tomorrow.
I did really good with the Christmas shopping! All of the major stuff is done....just a few secondary gifts left to get and a couple of GCs that can be picked up whenever. I even managed to find a gift for a friend who's bday falls 2 days before Christmas. Now I just have to make sure I have the stuff to wrap everything!
I scored at Lulu! I was disappointed because I really wanted a Remix Hoodie, but when I got there they only had white and these awful orange ones. (sorry if you like orange, but I don't and I look terrible in it...) So I grabbed a white one just in case and then wandered around. I found FANTASTIC pants....they look like pinstripe dress pants, but made from stretchy material and then have cute pockets and stuff (I think they are called "carry-less"). Then, as I wandered back to the front of the store they were putting out new hoodies. Yaaaieeee! They had new ones with a funky pattern all over so I grabbed one. But when I went to try it on, my girlfriend came and told me that they had put out purple ones too....so she grabbed one for me. It is AWESOME! And the best part is that I used to wear a size 10 there, so I'd been trying an 8, but I actually needed a 6! So I got the pants and the hoodie and I'm stoked! If I have any money left after Xmas I'm going back for some original Lulu pants too. :)
I went to American Eagle, but was sorely disappointed in the toque. It was way too big for me and the pom-pom stuck out and looked ridiculous....and not cute-ridiculous...just ridiculous. So I shopped around a bit for something else, but ended up leaving empty handed. Ah well! If I still feel the urge for a new toque or scarf or something, I might get that at Lulu too!
I didn't get DBF's shoes because I forgot to take his GC. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow.
I couldn't find a cat carrier, so I definitely have to keep looking tomorrow. It has to be a soft-sided one of a certain size to be allowed on the plane. Petcetera didn't have any, and the ones that PetSmart had were too big by about 3 stupid inches. I'll try the smaller pet shops tomorrow...Bosley's and such.
Didn't get the burlap for the plants either....hmmmm, what did I do today?? I guess that's on tomorrow's list too!
And I decided to just phone Silk Road to book my massage since stopping there was out of my way and parking is impossible.
Now I have to sort through everything and check my list and budget. Then tomorrow I do it all over again.... at least I get to build a Gingerbread House tomorrow night!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You had a good day sweetie, you may not have got everything you hoped for but it was still a good day.
I got the tree up and mostly decorated and now I just have to go through all the boxes and find a few things to put out and do the mantle and that's it for this year.
Just remembered I still have to shop for stocking stuffers X 3...eeeekk.
P.S. I'm glad you found a hoodie at Lulu's you're happy with, Happy Birthday again. :)
Post a Comment