Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Furnace Rant

Two rants in two days...uh-oh!!

Today was not my best day. I'm quite cranky now. Not really because of the move, but because for some reason our furnace picked today to stop working!!

I thought it was just out of oil...which was a big enough pain in the ass because I had already arranged for a delivery on Thursday, so I had to call and get an extra one for today (I had to keep the Thursday one too because we have to fill the tank within the three days before inspection...and today is still five days....lame!). Anyway, they came with the oil to get me going...and after the truck drove away I ran downstairs to push the start up button...and....NOTHING!! Stupid thing didn't fire up. I checked the breaker, it's fine. So I have no idea what's wrong, but it was already after hours to call housing to arrange for assistance. So now the temp has already dropped to 16 degrees in here and it'll probably go down to like 10 overnight....guaranteed I'll be able to see my breath when I wake up.

Not cool!!! (yes I see the irony in that choice of words)

Plus I have to work from here tomorrow. I did this once last Winter when our power went out....I couldn't work because of no power, but I was stuck here in the freezing cold. During the day we went to Walmart or restaurants just to keep warm, but at night we still had to sleep here. Not fun.

I'll call in the morning, but I'll probably already be a human popsicle by the time they can do anything for me.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

BAH!!!! My furnace cut out yesterday too!!! It was crappy and really cold...I was wearing like 4 sweaters!!!

Poor Danny and his brother had to get up on the roof...and I was scared because I had to go let my parents dog out and they were up there...eek!!!