Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hotel? - Check!

One thing off my stress-out list. We found a great hotel in Halifax to stay in while we wait for our house to close. Pet friendly and everything....and not a dive! It's almost exactly half way between our new place and downtown, so it will be easy to get around....and to drive past and stalk our new house whenever we want!

We saw it while we were there and it has recently undergone a hefty renovation so hopefully the rooms are as nice as they look online. They offer FREE internet in the rooms, so I won't have to pay anything extra to be able to work. There's a new fitness room and an indoor saltwater pool, as well as a hot tub. Normally I don't bother with hotel pools, but since we'll be "living" there I might just have to check it out. I don't think I've ever been in a saltwater pool before. What's up with that?

The room doesn't have a microwave unfortunately, but it does have a fridge....so at least I can make salads & sandwiches and have somewhere to keep yogurt and milk. We get money for food each day, but I'd rather have some groceries on hand then eat out for EVERY meal. There is a restaurant in the the hotel though, so if we really feel like some toast or soup or something we can get it.

It is close to a lake with walking trails apparently, but we'll have to see how the weather is. Our doggy has been missing his daily walks since I've been so busy (and lazy) so maybe we can get a few winter walks in while we are there.

All in all, it's a load off my mind. A homey place for us, the dog, and the cat to hang out until our real home is ready for us!

The hotel's resident dog, Cocoa.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

can you trade in Mojo for Cocoa? Cocoa looks less barky...

Jaime said...

and less hairy!

Booooo.....bad Mikey!