Ahhhh....nothing like a full night's sleep....except maybe a full night's sleep with no alarm clock!
After loading my piles of stuff from the hotel into the car, a lovely lunch with a girlfriend, picking up my new favorite Christmas drink (grande Christmas Blend egg nog misto!), and dropping the last bag of garbage into my friend's dumpster, the kitty and I hit the road for Mom's house.
Because we left later than planned, it actually worked in our favour....traffic was only mildly busy leaving town and once on the highway it wasn't abnormally busy at all. Driving Jen's car was a little different, but still good on the highway and comfy for both me and kitty.
Mr. Stoopy was none to impressed with being stuck in his little case, so I opened the top up so he could stick his head out. He seemed so forlorne that I decided to just let him step out of the case....he was sooooo happy! He sat on my lap for a little while...such a good boy! Then when he got sick of my knees moving from shifting gears he stepped back to the passenger seat...so I moved his case over and he curled right up on the seat just like it was the bed at home.
After loading my piles of stuff from the hotel into the car, a lovely lunch with a girlfriend, picking up my new favorite Christmas drink (grande Christmas Blend egg nog misto!), and dropping the last bag of garbage into my friend's dumpster, the kitty and I hit the road for Mom's house.
Because we left later than planned, it actually worked in our favour....traffic was only mildly busy leaving town and once on the highway it wasn't abnormally busy at all. Driving Jen's car was a little different, but still good on the highway and comfy for both me and kitty.
Mr. Stoopy was none to impressed with being stuck in his little case, so I opened the top up so he could stick his head out. He seemed so forlorne that I decided to just let him step out of the case....he was sooooo happy! He sat on my lap for a little while...such a good boy! Then when he got sick of my knees moving from shifting gears he stepped back to the passenger seat...so I moved his case over and he curled right up on the seat just like it was the bed at home.
Once here at Mom's I let him out to meet her two kitties. They aren't too impressed, and he didn't seem thrilled either....but mainly they just do a lot of staring at each other and posturing.
All is well. Stoopy and I have our own room upstairs and once I went to bed he was happy to curl up and make himself at home. All is well in kitty land!
I slept for like 12 hours last night. Guess I needed it!! Of course, it made me late for the errands I had to run today, but I got em done. Whew! I'm pretty proud that I managed to pull off Christmas even through all the other crap I had to do this year. :)
Now I have tonight to just relax with Mom and the cats, then tomorrow is the big family gift exchange so I'll be up doing the snack trays, dips and treats... then we spend the evening with the family opening gifts and visiting.
Hope you all enjoy your holidays, wherever you may be!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!
1 comment:
Merry Christmas sweetheart, I'm so happy you and Mr. Stoopy are here.
I love you!!
Mom xo
Post a Comment