Monday, August 13, 2007

Maritime Adventure - Part Three

Well, seeings as the weather has taken a turn for the worse at the moment, I have some more free time to write for you.....

Admittedly, the Sunday was a bit of a write-off. The Halifax tour of drinking, combined with the leftover jetlag and late night, made for a lazy day! DBF and I did drag ourselves down to the waterfront and boardwalk to enjoy some sun and check out the goings on though....so you can't say we didn't try!

We got burned on some crappy iced coffees from Timothy's. In fact, they were so bad, we threw them out and walked to the other end of the boardwalk and got new ones from Starbucks. Usually I can find enjoyment in any iced coffee, but these were horrible....not sure how that place is such a successful chain. Yuck!

We enjoyed a nice dinner at McElvie's.... where DBF took the first steps towards his new found love of lobster! As my stories of our adventures continue, you will hear a lot about DBF and his intense need for lobster tail and seared scallops....it may even drive you a little nuts (cuz I was seriously trying to figure out how to make him hate seafood again just to shut him up!). LOL.

*Important note: Honey don't do seafood. He's a prarie boy. He eats steak, steak, and steak. Sometimes chicken or pork, but never ever seafood. Except scallops once in a while....oddly enough. But to my surprise (and his!) he's found a taste for lobster as long as he doesn't have to pull it apart....and he even tried other things that I ordered. I'm so proud!!

Tonight was a quiet, early evening in anticipation of hitting the road on Monday morning!!

No comments: