Monday, August 20, 2007

Home for a Rest

We interupt this vacation programming for this important message....

I'M HOME!

While it is lovely to see my kitty and our dog, and to finally have my own good, comfy pillow back....I already miss my Honey!!

My flights home were uneventful, so not a lot to report there. Only one stop in Calgary this time, so I was able to actually get some sleep on the plane. Downfall was that I missed out on eating on the plane so I was about to starve to death when we landed. But Hello Calgary!! Starbucks was the first thing I saw when we disembarked! Woooohoooo!

This was especially exciting since I wasn't able to get my morning latte at the airport in Halifax due to the fact that I just squeaked in with enough time to actually make my flight. DBF's buddy Mark offered to give me a lift to the airport even though my take-off was at 7:45am. How cool of him is that?! Except that he sorta slept through his alarm and didn't show up at 6:00am as promised. Yikes!! So we called a cab and off I went at about 6:20. No big deal right? Lots of time right? Sure. Except for the massive line of people waiting at the WestJet counter when I arrived at 6:45. Apparently everyone checks in online these days, so "just dropping off your baggage" isn't so "just" anymore. Probably would have been faster to go through the regular check in line.

By the time I got my bags checked my plane was already due for boarding, so off I ran down to security hoping for no line-up because I was in desperate need of caffeine and food before boarding. No such luck! Security wasn't super-duper busy, but busy enough that it took me 10 minutes to get through. I was of course in the line with the woman that kept running everyone's bags through x-ray like 3 times! I could see my bin with my purse come out, then go back in, then out, then back in because she was checking the bin behind mine. Argh, just give it to me!! Can't you see I need coffee before I fly?!

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I got to my gate in record time....but there was only a Timmy's with a line up 20 people deep, so I had to settle for a quick pee and a bottle of water instead. My flight started boarding as soon as that vending machine released my change. Thank God for that granola bar I had stashed in my purse......

OK, and I will admit that after I had my yummy Starbucks latte in hand in Calgary, I did trot on down to Timmy's for a breakfast sammich. And it was so good I wish I'd had two!!!

3 comments:

ElleBee said...

You made it home safe!! Can't wait to see the pics from your trip :)

Lady J said...

Welcome home darling daughter of mine... can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!! xOxOxO

Angela Power said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog yesterday, it means a lot!

You got me in the mood for a Starbucks latte!