Most of our friends think living out here is a hassle. Even after they see the ocean view, 3 bedrooms, huge yard, and hear about the cheap rent. And sometimes it is a hassle...and expensive on gas.... But for the most part I've gotten used to it and find it a pretty great place to live.
The other day I found one of the coolest parts of country living. Roadside farm stands!!! So many people out here have extra plants, herbs, flowers, etc that they have little stands at the ends of their driveways where they make a few bucks. I drive by a handful of these places every day and the other day I finally remembered to stop and check one out.
They had so much good stuff!!! I got this awesome dwarf sunflower for $3!!! and a 6-pack of basil for $1!! I'm going back for a couple more sunflowers as they will be perfect in the front garden and I might even get one of the rosemary bushes they had for $2.
Next, I'm so totally stopping at the heirloom tomato stand....how cool is it to get a yummy tomato plant for $2?!!
Hopefully over the summer, people will have their produce up for sale too. So yum!!
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment