Argh. Who knew it would be so hard to find a reasonably priced return ticket to visit DBF in Halifax this summer? Or to find a ticket for him to visit his son in Winnipeg. I am quickly learning that the airline monopoly here is stooooooooopid.
So I finally find a seat sale that works for my outbound flight, but of course there is no corresponding seat sale for the return flight. And DBF's flight has the opposite problem....he can fly back to Hali on the Wednesday, but of course has to pay full friggin pop for his ticket out in the first place.
Pretty damn annoying to pay almost $800 for tickets for a 12 day trip. Especially considering he's never paid that much to fly from Victoria to Winnipeg.
For me, I was going to head home after 14 days, but since for some dumb reason there isn't a seat sale on that particular Wednesday I guess I can stay a few extra days. If the flight is gonna ding me $433 anyway, I might as well pay the $453 for the weekend flight and enjoy a few extra evenings with my sweetie (even if he'll be back in training during the days by then).
So even with the seat sale, I'm looking at almost $1000.
This is ridiculous within our own damn country. Christ, we could both get round trip tickets to London, England for this price!! They had better show me some good goddamn movies!!!
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear you. I friggin hate paying as much as we do for tickets. In November, we paid nearly $800 for K to come home for 2 days from Regina. That's 2 provinces away for pete's sake! Ridiculous! He didn't have any LTA left at that point either.
Hope you have a really great trip though. Have you been to the East Coast before? I haven't but would love to.
I can relate...we go to Sask occasionally it costs us a freaking mint!
I work at the Q! but I don't post it on my blog or they'll make me shut it down.
Too much swearing for media types, lol.
Post a Comment