So I am not saying that I don't occasionally get sucked into beauty product gimmicks and new products, but as I was flipping through my current issue of Flare it struck me that a lot of the ads were for lotions and creams (especially ones that claim to get rid of cellulite). I mean, fashion magazines are always mostly advertisements, but there seemed a lack of ads for really expensive designer jeans and god-awful perfumes and all of the other stuff that I usually see. I decided that I would flip through and note how many of these ads are for "beautifying creams"....
- Olay Anti-Aging Lip Treatment
- Olay Lifting Eye Serum
- Olay Smoothing Facial Serum
- L'Oreal Revitalift Double Eye Lift
- Olay Thermal Pedicure
- BioTherm Celluli Peel & Patch
- Olay Touch of Sun (several products listed)
- Dove Pro-age Neck and Chest Serum
- Jouviance EcoRemondeling Gel - Proactive Cellulite Treatment
- Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock
- Vichy Podexine Podiatric Care - Reconditioner for Dry Feet
- Vichy Lipo-Metric - Lipo Sculpting Cellulite Treatment
- St. Ives Healthy Brilliance Firm & Glow
- Roc CompleteLift
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter
Plus several others for razors, teeth whitening, hair color, and waxing.
Seems like overkill. Maybe it's just me.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's not just you, that's exactly why I don't buy those mags anymore.
I miss the perfume samples...damn all you people with allergies!
*sigh* unfortunately some people use all those things!!!
I have a face cleaning regime that uses 8 products on most days (sad I know!) plus all the lotions, deoderants, cleansers, tanners, and perfumes...it's pathetic...
I am easily sucked in :(
BUT I do know people that are worse than me!
Post a Comment