Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bookkeeper does her own taxes! Film at 11!

OK, not a film.... but a blog! And it's a little past 11, but well whatever.

I did it! I sucked it up and used UFile and did my own taxes. And I think I even did them right (I hope). I managed to add everything up and enter it all in the right boxes and I even paid what I owed and everything! (I'm self employed, I'm supposed to owe...)

Oh will the fun and excitement never end?!

I know you are thinking "isn't she a bookkeeper?" and "shouldn't taxes be in her repertoire?" Well funny how I've never had to do them for work and my personal ones used to be dead simple. I did my own a couple of times when I had a T4 and maybe one other form to deal with. But now I have write-offs and expenses and RRSPs and bank charges and interest and blah blah blah.

But instead of paying some silly company to do it for me and paying them $150 bucks like last year (grumble, grrrr, don't get me started) I only paid $16 bucks and feel pretty good about myself.

Yaaaiiieeee me!

(Oh and the icing on the cake is that I paid much less than I'd saved up!)

2 comments:

Jen said...

OOOH, now what are you going to do with the rest of the money saved?? I think you need to buy yourself something awesome!

maria said...

Smart woman ... I sent mine to my parents' accountant (I'm still in school, so please don't hurt me for exploiting the accountant) and was woken up by him on the phone at 7am this morning asking for me to fax a form back to Windsor. Immediately. At which point I grudgingly shuffled to campus.

Note to self: do own taxes next year