Monday, July 23, 2007

Recipe - Waldorf Salad

First recipe for my Flamingo challenge this past week.... I put this together to take to a potluck (which ended up cancelled...so I just ate this for lunches n stuff)....

Modified Waldorf Salad

2 x Granny Smith Apples (chopped)
2 x celery stalks (diced)
2 cups red grapes
1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
1/4 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 heaping tablespoons Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
2 tablespoons Low Fat Mayonaisse (or Miracle Whip)
Chopped fresh basil (and/or mint)
Salt & pepper to taste

Chop and mix fruit and veggies in large bowl. Add cranberries, mayo, yogurt, basil and a bit of the salt & pepper. Stir well. Cover and let stand in fridge for at least an hour. Add pecans, stir again and adjust salt & pepper if necessary.

Tastes the best on day 2. :)


WW = this makes approximately 4 heaping cup servings. I figure about 3 points per serving (but figure it out in the recipe builder if you want to be exact....).

1 comment:

Lady J said...

I can vouch for this one and I'll definitely make it.... mm, mm good!