Yup, about a week ago (during the Shrunk denial incident) I quit Weight Watchers online. I'd been thinking about it for a while, but my anger at the whole situation spurred me into actually doing it. I think I'd like my $22/month for wine or ice cream or movies or well, anything but non-existent online support. I get my support from my friends, my sweetie, my Mom and all the posters on the good old GDT (which is free anyway!!).
I can count most of my own points without the tracker and I can guesstimate to within a point of most stuff I don't already know. Since I'm on maintenance it's not extra super-duper crutial that I get it to the exact point every day. 50 calories here and there are not going to hamper my success at this point.
I made myself a cute little spreadsheet to fill in with my tentative daily meal plans. It works just fine! I even made room for a checklist of my daily healthy guidelines....did I drink all of my water? did I eat all of my veggies? did I remember my vitamins? what activity do I hope to accomplish today?
The diet part is over for me. This is my lifestyle change. If I can't do it on my own after a year of working with the website, then I probably won't ever be able to do it on my own. It's all about personal accountability. Here goes nothing!!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you got it down pat. Good for you. :)
It sounds like you got everything you could have from the website. I was on WW online a few years ago and I didn't like how you didn't get the free membership after you hit your goal and maintained your weight like you do if you go to the meetings.
oooh...what to do with the extra $22 a month....
Post a Comment