Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I know a famous guy!!

OK, not "famous", but he's on a reality show!!! I was flipping channels the other night, and since I'm a sucker for anything reality related these days (I know, I'll smack my own self in the head so you don't have to) I stopped on Slice to check out Superstar Hair Challenge. It's similar to the Design Star Challenge and Handyman Challenge on HGTV.

Anyway, a couple of minutes in I thought "Dude, I know that guy!!". And sure enough I do. Little ol' Jimmy LaPoint that used to come into the restaurant I worked at in my late teens. He worked next door as the shampoo guy for the swanky hairdresser.

He used me as a practice hair model a couple of times. I recall a situation involving a coat hanger in my hair. I think he may have actually cut and styled my hair once or twice during his apprenticeship too....but back then I had about a zillion people do my hair cuz that's what you do at 19 years old working in a trendy restaurant where the boss's best friend is the most popular hairdresser in town.

I heard Jimmy had done well for himself...moved to Europe or something. Well, he's back and here he is.....

Jimmy Lapointe

AGE: 32

HOMETOWN: Nanaimo, B.C., but now located in Vancouver

A HAIR DO: Keep long hair above the breast -- you do not want to cover them up.

A HAIR DON'T: Bald men should not have ponytails -- just let it go.

BIO: Jimmy has been hairdressing for 13 years. He has worked in Nanaimo, B.C.; London, England and now in Vancouver, B.C. Jimmy is the Artistic Director of Axis Hair Salon and Assistant Educational Director for Axis/John Casablanca’s Hair Art Design Program in Vancouver.He has been a two-time featured stylist in Salon Magazine and a semi-finalist and finalist for the Contessa's. He is also founder, host and organizer of his own charity event, Vanity for Charity, a hair make-over event for women and children organization on Vancouver's Downtown Eastside.

4 comments:

Lady J said...

I definitely remember him now after reading this and seeing this picture. If he's doing so well, why is he subjecting himself to this reality show? The prize must be really good huh?

Jaime said...

Nah, I'm guessing it's a limelight thing...Jimmy's always been a really out there social person. Dunno what the prize is??

Anonymous said...

I love that show. :)

Paige said...

very cool