Sunday, May 27, 2007

He's leaving on a jetplane....

Well, it's official....he's gone. :( Poo.

We dragged ourselves out to the airport at 6am....and by 7am he was through security and I was on my own. "See you in August" certainly did not make it a fun goodbye...for either of us. Meh.

Poor honey packed everything he thinks he might want in the next six months into a couple of dufflebags which took up his entire luggage allowance, so no guitar and no extra stuff to make it feel like home. At least all of his photos of me and his boy are on his laptop.... but it's things like his bathrobe that he's going to miss as creature comforts.

I did OK right up until I was walking out the airport door....then the tears came. I held it together pretty good because I had to drive, and at least I didn't cry in front of him....but it was tough. Six months is a long time....even if I will see him in two....it's still not like having him home!

So I'll dig out that to-do list that went on hiatus for the last little while and go back to working on keeping myself busy. I'm greatful to all of the friends that said I can call whenever I need to.... I'll be taking a lot of you up on that. And don't you all forget to call me! Today though, I'm relaxing with the dog (cuz he knows that green dufflebag means Daddy's gone for a while...) and taking some time for myself.

Bon Voyage Sweetie!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, I hope you enjoyed a little bit of the time by yourself...

ANd I REALLY hope that to do list keeps you somewhat busy for the next two months...and remember, you ALWAYS have the boards!

Vanessa said...

I hope the next two months are the fastest two months of your life!

Keep busy :)

maria said...

Aw, I know how hard this must be on you.

Just use your list, be amazing and Bionic as you are, and the time will pass so quickly! We're here for ya, even though we're far away, too - and it sounds like you have some great friends to keep you company. :)