I admit it. I love Starbucks. It's the only way to get a latte to taste the same pretty much every time you order it. It's bad since I started my working career as a teenager in an independant coffee house and promised to always hate everything corporate. But alas that coffee house is long gone and so are my days of plaid skirts with Doc Martens. Everything comes to an end eventually, including my resistance to the Starbucks movement.Today I discovered that I am becoming on of those dreaded people that fills most every box on the paper cup though. Usually I'm just a non-fat vanilla latte. Sometimes grande, sometimes tall...depends how bad I need coffee or how much time I have to enjoy it. But today I didn't have time for my morning coffee at home, and after spending 15 mins looking for parking and another hour sitting in a hospital waiting room (for an appointment that took barely 5 mins...but that's another story) I was in desperate need of caffeine. So I decided to go for a grande today. But with an extra shot! Yum! So there's another box filled in. And while drinking it I decided that the other Jamie is on to something with her half-sweet theory. So next time I go I'm going to try the half-sweet vanilla. I don't think this is another box, but it's definitely another modifier...the baristas just love that!!!!
So, my new drink will be: Triple, Grande, Non-Fat, Half-Sweet, Vanilla Latte
Nice!!!
6 comments:
Remember, the more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole!!
<grin>
I can live with that. All in the name of good coffee. :)
Triple, Grande, Non-fat, White Chocolate Mocha is my downfall these days. (sometimes w/whipped cream) Next time I might try adding the half-sweet to that! ;o))
Triple, grande, nonfat, extra-hot latte here (or a double tall version).
On the occasional days I ask for a Triple, grande, half-sweet, no whip, sugarfree, nonfat, extra-hot cinammon dolce latte they give me an angry stare. :)
I agree - I wanted to hate starbucks, but they are damn consistent, and the coffee is tasty. So whatever, corporate whore I am.
Oh ya, I do the extra hot sometimes if I'm getting for a car ride. Wooohoooo...another modifier!
*laughs* yeah...I am definitely one of those...I think I will have to try the half sweet....though i love caramel macchiatos the way they are, I used to get extra shots of syrup too!!! EEK!!!
Post a Comment