Oh what a beautiful morning! The dog woke me up early today for breaky and his morning pee, and normally I would just crawl back into bed, but it was sooo warm in the bedroom that I couldn't sleep anyway so just decided to stay up.

After my shower I still had some time before I officially had to start work, so decided to enjoy my coffee on the front steps. Still shady but lovely and warm!
My cat (Mr. Stoopy....aka: Buddy, Fuzzypants, Silly Kitty) has always been an indoor cat, but most places I've lived there has been a balcony or little yard for him to sniff around in. Except the last apartment, where we lived for a long time (in cat time anyway) and I know he missed his little outdoor excursions because he would sit in the window and sniff at the air for hours and hours.

Ever since we've lived here he's been extra sketchy and barely leaves the bedroom (mainly because of the dog....who just wants to be friends!). But recently he's been spending a lot more time venturing out to join us in the living room in the evenings.
This morning I left the door open for about 10 seconds and he wandered right outside! Now, he's a cat and it's hard to read his emotions, but I'm thinking that today is the happiest day he's had in a while!! While I sat and enjoyed my coffee, he wandered up and down the path, sniffing the new flowers, chewing grass and sniffing the wind. I think we'll have to make this a daily event as it was just so cool to see him acting like his old self again!
1 comment:
aw, that's sweet!!!
I hope he enjoyed his venture outside!!!
Post a Comment