Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tonight's the Night!

Finally the night of the Relay for Life has arrived.

I have spent my morning making banana bread (Sweet Home Alabanana from Eat Shrink & Be Merry) and potato salad. My teammates are making some yummy eats too.

Next I will be routing around our garage looking for my sleeping bag, camping chair, tarps, tent and lantern. (Wish me luck...the garage is far from organized!!)

We have picked up some fun decorations and a few costumey pieces for our site and our team. We opted for the Tropical theme since none of us are very creative and it was fairly easy to come up with stuff on short notice. I looked and looked for an inflatable palm tree, but to no avail. The guy that usually sells them is out of stock. Booooo. Oh well, we'll make it work! (at least we have grass skirts and a coconut bra!!)

Our team of nine seems ready to rock, so it should be a good night!

We got the final preparation email from the organizers and it told us that as of Thursday we had raised 120% of our goal donations!! Surpassed expectations and more than doubled last year's total (for our area). So thank you again to everyone that made a pledge and offered your support. You have made a difference!! Our team has ranked #10 out of the 25 teams participating, and all of the money has not been posted online yet....we could be higher!

Wish us luck! :)

3 comments:

Lady J said...

Congratulations to your whole team and you guys will rock I'm sure. By the time you get this you'll be done but good luck anyway!!!
;o))

Steph said...

I'm a little late but I hope you had fun :)

Paris didn't pan out :( But in two weeks time I'll be in Canada which is much better :)

Christy said...

Yay Team! I hope you guys had fun :)