Argh, we've lived here SIX months now, and the stupid movers are still haunting me.
You may remember that I mentioned back in December that the movers had to take apart everything we own in order to fit it on their truck (don't get me started on why it wasn't planned better). Well, most of our shelving, etc is from Ikea. The movers even told me that they aren't supposed to take apart Ikea stuff...but for some reason they still proceeded to take ours apart.
Of course, we were told that everything would be reassembled on this end. Um, nope. They put together a couple of the easy things, then basically ran for the door. So, DBF ended up putting together the main piece that goes in our living room (and yes, this stuff is mainly fibre board so yes there was damage) and I've been puttering through stuff as I need it.
Well, today I finally needed the bookshelf. I'm 3/4 of the way through clearing out the spare room and it's time to get the books, photo albums, etc out of boxes.
Let me just say this.... putting together a 2 shelf bookcase from Ikea should be straightforward, but because these asshats took it apart and of course I no longer have the instructions, it is now wobbly as shit. And the back piece is missing so stuff is going to fall off the back of it. Argh.
So not impressed right now. Stupid movers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment