Thursday, June 19, 2008

Party Planning

DBF gets home on Friday! Yaaaieeeee!! But leaves again for FIVE WEEKS next Thursday. Booooooo!! So we decided that we would have a little gathering on the weekend. I've met a couple of friends through another friend that I would like him to meet, and this is really our only chance until late August.

I started out planning a casual BBQ, but due to peoples' schedules, that just wasn't going to work out....so I've turned it into an evening of yummy drinks and snacks. There will only be 8-10 people, so I'm sure I've gone overboard, but everyone loves to eat so I'm not worried. :)

Here's the menu plan so far:

- two batches of Sangria (one white, one red)
- meat & cheese tray
- herbed goat cheese & red pepper jelly
- warmed brie with honey and almonds
- assorted crackers & baguette
- toasted bread (rye or maybe sourdough) with olive tapenade
- grilled scallops with lemon herb marinade
- spanokopita & tzatziki
- these yummy potato bites I saw in Rachel Ray mag
- plus all of the usual little filler bits of olives, cherry tomatoes, grapes, etc
- possibly something chocolatey, however a guest is making mini-cheesecakes!

I am off to start the big shopping tonight, then can get the last minute fresh items on Saturday morning. I think I will stop by HomeSense to look for a few new platters too...because I say that every time I make appies, but never actually get around to it. I'm looking for white, simple and fabulous! :)

Aside from the meal planning, some tidying and cleaning will be in order...but I've been keeping on top of it for the most part, so nothing too excessive...thank God!! Should be a great night. :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

OOH that sounds like so much fun!!!!

I should send you some of my platters...it's kind of crazy how many I have for how few people we have over!!!!

tash said...

Your guests are gonna be spoiled!

eurydice said...

i hope your list is well-organized haha.

Mikey said...

You're just trying to keep your mind off of the party you're going to miss here!

ElleBee said...

Hope you have fun!