So yesterday I got out the handy-dandy drill and built the shelving (which I already built last year! but, of course, the movers disassembled it) so that I could stack up the Christmas decorations properly. Lots of room to maneuver now! Funny, I wound up with yet another HUGE box of garage sale stuff....amazing the amount of crap we moved with us that we soooo don't need (I think we have like 8 boxes so far, and we haven't even scraped the surface in the garage).

Then I got into the room under the stairs. Not really a lot in there, but what was there was just shoved in and taking up way more room than necessary. And we had started piling stuff outside the door in the alcove, so it was getting silly. I just rearranged and pulled a couple of things out and that's all it took. I was then able to slide our wine rack in there and finally unload our blossoming wine collection! (ha, and discovered quite a lot of white wine that needs to be drank (drank? drunk? drinken?) this year....good thing it's Summer soon!)

Of course, the camping gear still needs a home....so that "extra" space under the stairs will probably get used up (it goes waaaaaay back behind those suitcases and paint cans, but the home inspector told us to keep a clear path to the water shut off that is under there). At least now it's all tidy so I can see everything though, so it will be a quick transition. Actually what I'm hoping is that once the garage is finished, we can move that extra paint out there....and I just now decided that those suitcases are going next to the guitar cases in the Christmas closet...so yup, lots of room for camping gear! Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. :)
4 comments:
Great job on the organizing! You should crack open a bottle of wine to celebrate!
I will when I actually finish EVERYTHING!! :)
Awwww sweetie, are you doing all this now so it'll look nice and pretty for my visit? :o)
Oh the organizing! I have my spare room and basement all torn apart as I re-arrange and organize...And my in-laws are coming on Sunday to stay the night, so I have to finish before then. Sure you don't want to pop over to Saint John and give me hand? Looks like you are pretty good at this stuff... ;)
Post a Comment