Friday, June 6, 2008

And he builds stuff too....

At long last, the much-anticipated photos of the stairs DBF built while I was on vacation. Not bad for his first time. :)





The top step is a bit wide so the first step down seems a bit steep, but other than that they are sturdy and well built. Not sure about some of his "design" options, such as those extra bars in front of the main posts, but he likes them so I guess I do too. :)


But really...I'm very proud of his first stairs and now I know that I can use him to build us many more fun things in the future! :)

(Please ignore all of the dirt and crap under the deck...the previous owners weren't much for the yard work....we'll have it all prettied up this Summer.)



2 comments:

tash said...

I can't believe he built those steps - and on his first try too! Impressive! Lucky girl . .

Lady J said...

The stairs looks great, the only thing I see is that they're a bit too steep but I guess you'll get used to them and once everything's stained the same colour it'll look even better! ;o)