Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Operation Office commences...

What's better than one girl with power tools? TWO girls with power tools!!!

Now that Summer fun has come to an end I realized that I needed to get back to the To-Do list I had started way back when DBF first left. Can't have him come home and wonder what I did the whole time he was gone. You know, aside from look after the dog, keep the house clean, assemble furniture, mow the lawn, plant a garden, etc. :)

The office has been a project I've been dying to get done for ages now. I mean, I work in here every day and although I got a little rearranging done months ago the work stopped there. All of my office crap is piled on the floor because I was waiting to put up some shelving. Don't ask why I waited so long, I just did. LOL.

So I called up a girlfriend and asked her to come help me hang the shelves. After all, it is her drill and I've had it since who knows when. A long bloody time that's for sure. She was happy to drill some drywall, so on Saturday that's just what we did. I even bought those cool butterfly hooks that open up inside the wall so the screws don't just slide outta the drywall and send the shelves crashing to the floor (or onto my desk and computer!!). And even though it's not a power tool, we proudly used a level and the shelves are pretty bang on. (They look a little off due to the odd, slanted roofline and the incredibly uneven wall.) It only took about 30 mins to hang the two shelves, so Lord only knows why I waited so long.

Of course, now I need to organize all my crap and get everything up on the shelves. Oh, and clean up all the drywall dust we spilled everywhere. Hmmm...and I should probably do some filing while I'm at it. And put together that desk I got for DBF since I commandeered his old one. Crap. I guess we know how I'm spending my Tuesday night!!

No comments: