I had one of each today with my lunch. One is a striped green type, the other is orange. Both are quite acidic and didn't grow as big as I had expected, but both were very yummy!
Monday, October 8, 2007
Garden treat!
Amazingly, my tomato plants are still producing! In fact, I've gotten more off them in the last couple of weeks than I did all Summer. Apparently because they are heirloom plants they take much longer to get going. I thought because of this that I might have missed the boat and the fruit that was produced might not ripen. To top it off, once the weather got crappy around here I totally lost interest in my plants and garden and have paid basically no attention to anything out there at all. But a few days ago I noticed some of the tomatoes were turning color so I picked them and let them ripen on the counter. Sure enough, they turned out just fine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
God those look so good... you're such a little gardener!! ;o))
Post a Comment