Monday, October 22, 2007

Domestic Therapy

Yesterday I woke up in a grumpy mood. Not really even grumpy, just blue. I was fine when I went to bed on Saturday, but the instant I was up on Sunday I just knew it was one of those days.

I'm frustrated about our pending move for sure. DBF has been looking at neighborhoods and houses and I feel left out. I wanna be a part of it too. What happens if he falls in love with some place and I hate it when I see it? I don't want to be the bad guy....but buying a house is a big deal. He's just trying to see what is out there and figure out good neighborhoods and such so that when we do our househunting trip we'll be ahead of the game...I know that. But I still feel like an outsider because he's so far away and I'm stuck here unable to do anything. Surfing MLS was only fun for about 24 hours.

I know my time will come. In fact, once the ball starts actually rolling we probably won't be able to get away from it. Things are going to happen very quickly and all my whining about not being involved will turn to whining about having too much to do and not enough time to do it.

All this logic didn't stop me from feeling blue or missing DBF yesterday. I guess it's because the end of his training is near and he'll be home soon. I think my brain finally just decided it had enough of being the tough girl that gets along fine without her boy....it's happy to admit that I just want him home. Now dammit!

I was restless after dinner and sick of sitting here getting increasingly frustrated, so I decided it might be a good time to tackle the giant mess of a basement. I've been planning to organize down there all Summer, but put it off. Well I don't know why I procrastinated so long...it only took about an hour and looks about a zillion times better. Now all of the Xmas decoration are together, the camping gear has it's own area, and there's a GIANT pile of stuff to sort for sale, donation or trash. I think the Salvation Army is gonna get a good haul from us. No sense in trying to sell much of it and I don't think we need to drag any of that crap to Halifax with us.

I'm so domestic. It's sick really. I felt about a zillion times better just cleaning the basement. The blue, frustrated feeling I had all day long went away after just one hour of cleaning and organization. Why didn't I think to do that sooner?!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for organizing!!!

Seriously I am an organization FREAK! I like everything to be all neat and tidy all the time!

I think when your life feels messy and you clean up something physically messy you feel like you had control over something and therefore you have control over your life...or something like that...our salvation army is loving me too...I finally cleaned our spare room!

Vanessa said...

I'm the same way! Organizing and cleaning help me de-stress. Whatever it takes I guess :P

Keep busy, dbf will be home before you know it!

Jaime said...

Thanks gals! Now can one of you come help me lift a dresser and bed so I can organize the spare room?!! ;)