Monday, October 1, 2007

Blue Man Group

Let me just say that this show was SOOOOO COOL!!!!!

Sensory overload at it's peak I think. Bright lights, loud drums, foot stomping, fist pumping, hand clapping and continuous laughter abound.

How To Be a Megastar - Tour 2.0

The night began with a warm up show by DJ Mike Relm. One lonely dude on stage with his equipment....but this man has the fastest DJing hands on the planet I swear. His music (everything from Jimi Hendrix to the Beastie Boys) was all choreographed with clips of popular movies on the three large screens (ie: Resevoir Dogs and Office Space) and as he scratched out the tunes, the visuals scratched along as well. Seriously cool.


After a short intermission, the main event began. The bald, grease-painted blue men took the stage with their large, shiny band. Everything on the band's part of the stage was sparkly, shiny, reflective and lit with an abundance of lights. At the front of the action was the blue men's crazy PVC tubing contraption that prooved to be an amazing instrument throughout the evening.


The entire show is basically a spoof on how to learn all of the different tricks to becoming a full-fledged rock star. A satirical infomercial plays inviting folks to buy the How to be a Megastar package was played, which the blue guys decided to purchase (with the help of a girl from the audience and her credit card). With this rapidly delivered package, the men learned a number of "Rock Concert Movements" that any true megastar needs to know. Each movement brought the audience into the show with participation in head bobs, raising the roof and two arms raised with yelling.

There are marshmallows and paint balls. There is paint flying on the front row. There are audience members brought on stage and covered with chewed up paint. There was a marshmallow "crown" spewed onto the head of an unsuspecting girl. There was a girl in a neon lighted dress. There were blue guys with giant codpieces and huge PVC contraptions. There was a crazy lead guitar player in a plexi box.


There's a lot to take in, and it's too hard to explain. So just know this....this show was totally worth the $50 ticket price. And the next time in Vegas I am seeking out their show at the Venetian because apparently it's even better!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sweet! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Never seen Blue Man Group on concert, I was not going to see it, Blue Man Group tickets got sky rocked thanks to stupid brokers. But even if I had seen it, I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather wait and see it on DVD. Well suprise I changed my mind and I got 2 tix for the Blue Man Group show I was looking for tickets thanks god there sites like Ticketwood which work as comparators here is the site
Blue Man Group Tickets http://www.ticketwood.com/theater/Blue-Man-Group-Tickets/index.php . So any body going to the Blue Man Group concert ??