Thursday, November 22, 2007

Operation Organization

I'm going to start right now!!

My desk has been neglected for a while now. Time to sort, organize, and file again.

I need to do my banking. There are bills sitting here needing to be paid. There is GST that needs to be calculated and paid (past due...I NEVER do that!). There are funds that need transferring. Xmas money to be put aside. Credit cards to be consolidated into my line of credit.

I need to make my official list of MLS houses for DBF to add to his list for the real estate agent TODAY!

Thank you cards need to be written. Those girls threw a fantastic party for little old me and they deserve at least thank you cards!! (hmmmm....probably should go shopping for said cards....and get their mailing addresses....)

A house hunting to-do list needs to be made (even if DBF likes to keep his list in his head).

Checklist spreadsheet for house buying. As has been pointed out several times now, by the time we've seen more than 5 houses we aren't going to remember everything. Best to have a note-list to go with the digital pics we'll take.

I need to start the multiple humongous to-do lists for this move.

An Xmas shopping list (with budget!) needs to be written.

Oh god, my Xmas card list needs to be written. And while I'm at it, I might as well start writing the cards. (I guess I'll go dig that box of leftover cards out from last year while I'm thinking of it.)

I need to load the empties into my trunk (when DBF comes home from work).

Time to clean out the closet for "donations" again. Better get DBF to his too. No sense packing useless stuff to Halifax with us.

Sort through the pile of stuff in the basement and decide what's "sell", what's "keep", what's "toss", what's "donate". Like our very own episode of Clean Sweep!

Saturday has been designated "Clean BionicWoman's car because the dog won't be going in there again for a long, long time" day. (My beautiful shiny leather interior needs some serious TLC.)


Oh geeze, you know it's bad when your to-do list is actually a list of other to-do lists. Thank God it's a slow work day (Thank you American Thanksgiving...gobble, gobble). I'm on it now. My stress level just increased 10-fold.

3 comments:

Shirls said...

good luck! that is a big list but with it all written out don't you find that just the thought of it all is not as daunting?

Vanessa said...

Sounds like you're going to be a busy girl! :) Good luck.

Jen said...

HOLY CRAP...I can't even tell you how much I love lists and how excited I got reading all the things you have (get) to do!! It's sad...I think I have a problem...