Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Comforts of Home!

Anticipating the boy's arrival I stocked up on a couple of bottles of red wine and a few of our favorite snackies. I thought for sure he would be super tired after his long travel day, but I guess his adrenaline was pumping because we stayed up late with our wine and chats and comfy couch just like we always did before he left.

I met him at the airport for 9:30, and of course our friend was there to pick up one of the other guys too. So we all had a big reunion and hugs and kisses and chats and laughs while we waited for bags and such. By the time we got everything and finished talking and stuff, it was well after 10:00 and we have a long drive home.

He was just so happy to be here. It's so cute! and contagious! I was pretty smiley too. LOL. Of course!!!

When we pulled into the driveway I figured the dog would be doing his barky, happy dance...but I guess he didn't realize that daddy was coming home (uh, duh, how would he know??!)....so I opened up the front door and let him run out. I think he was momentarily confused...LOL. But once he realized what was going on, he was one happy doggie! DBF was pretty stoked too...he missed his buddy.

We spent our evening just drinking wine, chatting, petting the dog, and just enjoying being together in the comforts of our own home. It's amazing how it's just the little things that really matter.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :)

No comments: