Anyway, so "yesterday" I planned a little girl's night in for my birthday since DBF is away and he took me out to celebrate last weekend anyway. Through some discussion we ended up decided to do a sleepover because a lot of the girls live over in Dartmouth and beyond and that sucks that someone would have to stay sober for the drive. My friend Missy coined it "Jaime's Jammie Jam"...haha.
In the end, a couple of people cancelled last minute and a couple of people were sick so there was only 4 of us confirmed. But then Angie surprised me and was able to pop by for a little while at the beginning (she couldn't stay due to a prior engagement, but she told me she would do her best and so she did!!). Such a doll, she brought me a lovely giftie...knowing my love for all things Starbucks (and little did she know I was eyeballing these babies up while taking in all the Christmas action at SB earlier in the day). Couldn't have guessed better if she'd tried. :)

Since I had thought there was going to be double the people, I had seriously overbought on food. Cheese, meat, olives...oh my! Plus my guests brought food. There was enough for an army, but we still managed to put a good dent in it. Hello Bonnie's Mexi-dip....drool. And Marie-Claude's now famous stuffed mushrooms...more drool. Thank God for Cosette's veggies and hummus so I could feel slightly healthy. (sidebar: I made those new PC salmon wellington puffs...they were OK, but I found them kind of dry...just so you know.) And don't forget the wide variety of martinis!! I now have about 6 flavors of vodka in my pantry. Wooooo!


Around 11:00 we moved to the living room so we could inspect the "candy buffet" I had put together. What's a sleepover without Smarties and gummy bears? Believe it or not I had planned popcorn too...but we never even talked about that!

Then we decided to get into our jammies (I got new pink Xmas ones!) and cozied up on the couches for a movie. We had talked about watching something old school...I was thinking "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" (80s Sarah Jessica Parker) but instead we settled on 27 Dresses. By this point Marie-Claude chose to go home...she lives next door and was nodding off and decided to be cozy next to her husband instead of us. :) The three of us left finished up the movie and then got to talking some more. Poor Bonnie hasn't seen 4am in a long time, but both Cosette and I are night owls so even after Bonnie dragged her butt to bed, we stayed up another hour. We finally decided that our conversation could be carried on at some other time and went to bed.
Morning came much too soon...but because I'd quit drinking like 3 hours before I actually went to bed I was fine. Cosette had left before I got up (daughter had swimming lessons) so I just puttered around and cleaned everything up...and by the time Bonnie came down I was all done. Nice. We shared a bagel and had tea/coffee for a short bit, then she too had to go take her daughter to a sports event. I think I missed the boat on kids and sports!
I admit I was disappointed at the few cancellations, but in the end I still had a great time. Smaller group make for easier conversation. The best part was having friends from different circles all meet and get along great! Thank you all for making my birthday very special!!
And now the good stuff...my birthday loot:

Martini glasses from Miss Bonnie. Love them! They a bigger and better than my existing set, so these will be the new go-to glasses and the old ones will be put away for backup.

Bone china tea cups from Cosette. Lovely. Just the right size for a good cup of tea! How did she know I was lacking these? (and some gourmet hot chocolate for those chilly nights without DBF!)

And from the lovely Marie-Claude, these fantatic orange gerbers. The picture doesn't do them justice. I don't think I even told her that gerbers are my favorite. I'll have to do that!
And ya, I only got the two pictures of actual people. That's what happens when you get a group of women together who talk the whole time. They forget to take photos!
4 comments:
AW!!! It looks like you had so much fun!!!!! I should have flown out for your birthday! ;p
Jeeez I keep forgetting to check your other blog! I missed the candy bar hrmph! Well, prolly for the best anyway! ;-)
Glad you had a great b-day :-)
Looks like you guys had a great night - got some nice gifts too, love those tea cups!!
I really wish that I could've made it over :( Damn cold.
Sounds liek you had so much fun!
Post a Comment