Saturday, November 15, 2008

Merry...um...Birthday?

They say it's your birthday....da da da da da da da...Well it's my birthday too, ya!!

So, being that DBF is away and my party plans aren't until tonight, I decided to just treat this like any other Saturday. I already did most of my chores last night, and already bought the majority of the groceries I need...so it is my day to just chill. Of course, I decided that I needed to start my day with a trip to Starbucks...one birthday latte pour moi coming up!

But to what do my wondering eyes appear?...Yup, it's that time. Christmas has arrived at Starbucks. Tra la la la la, la la la la. Red and green everywhere. Peppermint Mochas, Gingerbread Lattes, Cranberry Bliss Bars, Christmas Blend coffee....and the best thing of all...the Eggnog Latte!

Now normally I don't do Christmas before December...and especially not before my birthday. But what was I to do? I was surrounded. And I have to tell you that these East Coasters sure catch the Christmas Spirit early....folks started putting up their lights the day after they composted their jack-o-lanterns. I thought they were a bit nutty, but I guess that's what you do when you live in the land of snow and ice...gotta get it done before the flakes fly. So this year, in the spirit of now being an East Coaster, I decided that it was OK to have a birthday Eggnog Latte. :)


Afterwards I wandered through Chapters eager to buy myself a birthday present, but nothing really caught my eye. I have a stack of books here at home to get through and I didn't really see the need for the $90 Twilight box set just yet. So instead I carried on with my errands.

Well, happy Christmas to me. er, I mean Merry Birthday! um. hmmm. Well, whatever. My birthday gift to myself ended up being new LED warm white lights and pine garlands for our front porch (remember this is our first Christmas season in this house). I also picked up Christmas cards because I might as well start now as it will take me a couple of weeks to get them all done! After that I went to Costco, where I got us this crazy huge lighted wreath for our garage door. Love it.

Oh, and I did get myself a real birthday giftie after all....Rachel Ray's Big Orange Book and this month's Rachel Ray Everyday magazine. Yes, I'm a corporate whore (she's just cheaper than Starbucks and LuluLemon).

6 comments:

Jen said...

weird...this post did not show up until MONDAY!!!

I had to have a gingerbread latte this weekend...though they have named it a gingerSNAP latte now...and I asked the girl, and it is still a gingerBREAD latte, with gingerBREAD syrup...so CALL it a friggin gingerbread latte...ahem...sorry about that!!!

Anyway, I was SOOOOOO reluctant to accept Christmas so early until I saw Christmas lattes...who can be a scrooge in the starbucks lineup???

Yeah, but I draw the line at putting up the tree already unlike the crazies who live a few houses down from me...

Espressomama said...

Good, it's not just me. I though I had time warped. Merry Birthday to you, and yes, we East Coasters have to get the jump on the cold weather and put up the lights early. That's also why they stay up so long! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Haha...I was about to comment about the GingerSNAP latte...

Did you see the cute reindeer?

Jaime said...

Well, I will confess that I wrote this post on Saturday but I didn't post it because I was waiting to attach my pictures...but of course it took me two days to get around to uploading them. So I backdated. :) bwahahahaha.

Reindeer? There were reindeer? Dammit.

Anonymous said...

Yep - Starbucks has cute reindeer ornaments. I bought two of the little ones for my tree...couldn't resist!

eurydice said...

yes... the post didn't show up until monday...

happy late birthday! and everyone deserves a birthday latte!!!