Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween in Suburbia

I've been trying to think back to when the last time I truly had kids at my door for Halloween and I really can't remember. The past two years, we were in our military housing in the country back in Victoria (only 14 houses)...so there were about a dozen kids from the neighborhood but that was it. For three years prior to that I was in an apartment....before that a condo apartment...before that a shitty apartment...before that a condo in Nanaimo...before that a basement suite on a street that didn't get trick-or-treaters...wow, so it was before that when I lived in a house with my ex. Yikes. What's that, like 10 years?!

So anyway, we now live in uber-residential suburbia, so I planned for about 100 or so kids. I didn't count, but I'm guessing I probably had 60-70. They didn't start coming until around 6pm, but once they started they came full force until about 7:30. Short and sweet. Surprisingly, it was mostly little kids....like 8 and under...with the majority being under 5 and carried by their parents. We have a lot of stairs so I met a lot of them at the bottom because those stairs were slowing the little ones down all up and down the block.

By 8:00 they were all gone. I think there may have been some older kids a little later, but I went out at 8:30 and the street was pretty quiet.


6 comments:

ElleBee said...

Awesome pumpkin!!

Lady J said...

I love your pumpkin sweetie, you've always been so artistic that way. I think you inherited that from Nana. xoxo

Jaime said...

Ya, I must inherited the stencils from her! haha.

tash said...

Amazing pumpkin!

Espressomama said...

Great pumpkin!

Holiday Maker said...

Interesting holloween.The pumpkin is nice but the celebration must be fun.