Back in April I bought Feist tickets on a whim. Sounded like a fun thing for a few girls to do. Admittedly I only knew a couple of her popular songs, but based on those I knew she was my kind of music. I decided on standing room floor tickets since the seated floor tickets would probably have a bad view....wasn't sure if this was going to be a good decision as I was worried the standing area might be very small and full of teenagers...but it turned out to be the right choice.
Funny enough, even though I bought the tickets MONTHS in advance, when the day arrived I ended up with an extra ticket. The date just didn't work for the people invited and with such short notice we couldn't find anyone else. Oh well. So, it was just Cosette, Marie-Claude, and me.
The opening act started at 8:00, but we chose just to listen from the bar area of the arena where we chatted and had a couple of drinks instead. Just as Feist was actually about to begin, we made our way down to the floor. The show was far from sold out, and there was tons of space so we were able to stay at the back of the crowd but were still only about 8 rows of people from the stage. Pretty much the perfect viewing situation.
Her show was about an hour and fifteen minutes long, which is a bit short but good for those of us that were standing the whole time. Her music is lovely but it's not like you spend time dancing around and staying limber so the timing was just right for me. (haha, I guess I'm getting old for this stuff!). She is very enjoyable live...more so than on CD I thought...but she would be much better suited to a more intimate venue. The Halifax Center was far too large for her...and although our view was great I heard a lot of people that were sitting in the stands complain that they couldn't see her.
One of the best parts of the show was the artistic display on the screen behind her. Instead of just a video of her up there (which of course would have been nicer for those folks that were too far away) she had all sorts of different art/displays/media projected up that went along with each song. You could see the artists working feverishly at the back of the stage to keep up....very interesting.
All in all, a fun experience, but if I ever see her again I hope it's in a bar or lounge with a more intimate feel.
Oh, and due to the fact that we couldn't take cameras in (which they never even checked for!) I don't have any photos of the evening....but I did find this video of My Moon My Man that someone put up on YouTube (it won't let me embed it here for some reason).
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like it was great!!! I agree, just from what I have heard of her (only a couple of songs), she definitely seems more suited for a smaller venue!
Post a Comment