Til honey comes home! Yaaieeee. I'm sure it will feel like 10 months because let me tell you that the first 3 weeks of this trip have seemed like 3 years.
Of course, what this reminds me of is all the stuff I thought I was going to get done while he was away. Mind you, I didn't do much the first two weeks because of everything that happened with Mojo so I shouldn't be too hard on myself. The crap weather hasn't helped either since two of my major projects would involve having some solid sunshine for at least a few days.
Those two main projects are:
- powerwashing and painting the front porch and stairs.
- powerwashing, sanding and painting the fireplace thing in the backyard (that thing is a freaking eyesore)
(I also had grand visions of working on the edging around the deck and such, but realized quickly that I can't do that one on my own. I'm thinking that will be next Spring's project.)
The other big remaining task is:
- the spare room! - moving extra storage boxes down to garage, setting up new bed, hanging art, cleaning up old dresser, finding new bedside table and lamp - you get the idea, I'm creating a guest room for my Mom to visit.
I am quite proud of getting the garage all organized though. That was a massive weight off my shoulders. The help of good friends was key on the project.
Now if the people that respond to kijiji ads were better at actually showing up, I could finally get our old appliances & furniture sold. I mean seriously, who emails and asks a bazillion questions and then doesn't show up? Or why would you offer half my asking price without even seeing the item? Or buy something and then get it home and decide you don't want it (not my problem!)? People are nuts.
I also wanted to find some cool adirondack chairs for out by the firepit, but maybe Mom and I will find those while we are out touristing around next month. (Anyone know a good place to get them in the Halifax area?...you know, the actual handmade ones...not the do-it yourself shitty ones from Canadian Tire.)
Anywho, I guess I just needed to write this down..and now that I see it written out I'm not so overwhelmed. Really, I only HAVE to do the guest room. The others can just wait for Mother Nature to work with me, and maybe for DBF to return. (Oh, I should note that he's only home for one night and then gone for another two weeks.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
When its gets to be 10 days and than the double digits it gets so exciting!
RYC - You will have to call the Dal clinic to book an apointment - 494-2171 with Dr. Robinson.
You don't need to be a student - she was my doctor in high school and is still my mothers, aunts, etc. doctor.
I meant single digits . . . not double digits . . . dumb me!
Are you serious? Some jackass actually tried to return something they bought from you on kijiji? Some people are just too stupid!
Hey, furniture/appliance wise what do you have left to sell? I'm looking on kijiji now to furnish our apt that I'm moving into on the 31st. You can email me at hlavers@hotmail or msg me on Facebook with what you have or you kijiji add id, so I can look up the stuff you posted.
I can't pick up until I'm back of course but I wouldn't be one of the no shows/complainers/low ballers...lol.
Having a house...and a deck...and a spare room sounds pretty cool to some of us too :)
T-minus 15 sleeps for me. :(
Post a Comment