Who knew how fun it would be to buy a new lawn mower?!!
We had a crappy little lawn mower. Brand new last year, but mind you it was in the clearance area at Home Depot and DBF got it for $20. It is missing the power handle...the piece you hold on to to keep it running. So we have to remove the spark plug wire to turn it off. No big deal if it was actually a GOOD mower, but it's sadly not.
I used it for the first time here in Halifax a couple of weeks ago. DBF has been mowing the lawn most of the time we've been here and although he mentioned it was a bit of a pain in the ass he hadn't really said much else. Well, I'm here to tell you it SUCKS!!! I used it all last Summer at our old place and because the lawn was flat and didn't grow tooooo fast it was fine. But here we have a very sloped portion in our yard, and the lower portion grows like crazy. The first time I used it, it was constantly clogged and it created not one, but two embarassingly huge smoke clouds when I ran it on too much of an angle. (I say embarassing because it was so bad my neighbor came over to make sure I wasn't on fire!)
Anyway, I used it once more a week later and that sealed the deal. No bag on it was the final straw. I hate raking when I don't have to. It's fine to leave the clippings when they are nice and light, or to mulch them back in at the beginning of the season, but right now we need to bag the clippings.
So, after checking out prices for a couple of weeks...I noticed a nice one show up in the Home Depot flyer. The only other mower I had seen that I was considering prior to this was $269...but it was a brand I hadn't heard of. This new sale one was a Cub Cadet...so a good brand...and was $279. I went in, chatted with the guy, figured out that it was a way nicer mower, so bought it.
Woo! Gotta love being on a mission and just going for it without dicking around.
Came home, set it up, oiled it up, gassed it up, and gave it an inaugural run with the bag on our front yard. So freaking awesome!! It's not self-propelled, but it is light and nicely powerful so it runs like a dream.
OK, and to be just a bit girly...it's super cute and yellow!! (and DBF will still like it because it's manly and has all the functions he asked for)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment